Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC Kittens update and thread end

Margaret Benzer benzer@mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:04:10 -0700

Okay, so I am just checking my emails after the three-day weekend.  As someone
who is constantly having to name animals due to animals at work and also with
rescues, I am getting quite creative with names.  My latest two litters of
kittens are named for explorers (Magellan, Vespucci, Marco Polo, and Balboa)
and Donald Duck's nephews, although one is a girl (Huey, Dewey and Louise).
(Anyone want a kitten?)  However, last year, there were two feral black kittens
that I named Hope and Glory.  The one was Hope because it had a white star on
its chest, hence the "Star of Hope" reference.  Well, I caught Hope at four
months of age and decided that it probably wasn't such a good name for a boy.
It took a month of watching his behavior.  He was shy, wouldn't meow if I was
looking his direction.  So when he went to the vet, and they asked for his
name, I had finally decided to keep up the MO reference and named him Martin.
Although he still won't let me hold him or pet him, he runs around the
townhouse and plays with the other cats and kittens.

As for other animals with Oily names, my sister named the blue-tongued skink
Garrett.  Just because he is long and lean and has a large, bald and beautiful
head...I also have a cat with another band's name in it.  He is a purebred
Scottish fold neuter that I am trying to show to a regional win.  His name is
Deekay Arrogant Worm (for those Canadians on the list, I call him Trevor).

Brigitte, congratulations on the kittens.  Enjoy them while they are young and
all the days of their lives. :-)

Margaret