Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC kitten names

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:38:32 EDT

--part1_46.3b240ba1.2c49def8_boundary

In a message dated 7/18/2003 4:40:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,=20
bmounier@sympatico.ca writes:

> All right creative people, try this one:
>=20
> I've got a pair of new kittens, brothers, white and striped (one grey, one=
=20
> tan) and I've got to name them.  For the first time in my life I'm stumped=
!!=20
> My older cat is called Circe. I can't decide what to name these guys. It n=
eeds=20
> to be short, evocative and aesthetically pleasing.
>=20
> I wanted to call them Diego and Frieda but they're both males. I thought o=
f=20
> oily names, like Diesel and Dust (doesn=E2=80=99t sound good, try calling=20=
Dust!=20
> Dust!), Truganini and Namatjira (too long). I once called a cat Tom Bombad=
il so=20
> Tolkien is out. Hiroshima and Nagasaki, although appropriate in devastatio=
n are=20
> too disrespectful.  Charybdis and Scylla are not exactly easy to call. I=
=E2=80=99m=20
> ready for a little help from my friends. Places in Oz? Oily references? =20
> Mythology? Foreign names? Authors? Famous brothers?
> Looking forward to your suggestion on this critical issue.
>=20

I'll suggest a name not to use.  We once had a cat that my wife named=20
Beaver because she was a big fan of "Leave It to Beaver."  Now maybe
I just have a dirty mind, but I used to hate taking that cat to the vet and
telling the people down there what it's name was.
Mike =20

--part1_46.3b240ba1.2c49def8_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 7/18/2003 4:40:56 AM Pacific Daylig=
ht Time, bmounier@sympatico.ca writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">All right creative people, try=20=
this one:<BR>
<BR>
I've got a pair of new kittens, brothers, white and striped (one grey, one t=
an) and I've got to name them.&nbsp; For the first time in my life I'm stump=
ed!! My older cat is called Circe. I can't decide what to name these guys. I=
t needs to be short, evocative and aesthetically pleasing.<BR>
<BR>
I wanted to call them Diego and Frieda but they're both males. I thought of=20=
oily names, like Diesel and Dust (doesn=E2=80=99t sound good, try calling Du=
st! Dust!), Truganini and Namatjira (too long). I once called a cat Tom Bomb=
adil so Tolkien is out. Hiroshima and Nagasaki, although appropriate in deva=
station are too disrespectful.&nbsp; Charybdis and Scylla are not exactly ea=
sy to call. I=E2=80=99m ready for a little help from my friends. Places in O=
z? Oily references?&nbsp; Mythology? Foreign names? Authors? Famous brothers=
?<BR>
Looking forward to your suggestion on this critical issue.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I'll suggest a name not to use.&nbsp; We once had a cat that my wife named <=

Beaver because she was a big fan of "Leave It to Beaver."&nbsp; Now maybe<BR=

I just have a dirty mind, but I used to hate taking that cat to the vet and<=

telling the people down there what it's name was.<BR>
Mike&nbsp; <BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_46.3b240ba1.2c49def8_boundary--