Midnight Oil

[[Powderworks] NMOC kitten names]

ALEXEI alexeis@usa.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:21:15 +0300

Never had a cat but I hear feline names have to have hissing sounds... how
about Spicks and Specks? Concise, soundy, Australian too :-)  Also a good
experiment to see if cats are capable of making out vowel differences :-)

<bmounier@sympatico.ca> wrote:
All right creative people, try this one:

I've got a pair of new kittens, brothers, white and striped (one grey, one
tan) and I've got to name them.  For the first time in my life I'm stumped!!
My older cat is called Circe. I can't decide what to name these guys. It needs
to be short, evocative and aesthetically pleasing.

I wanted to call them Diego and Frieda but they're both males. I thought of
oily names, like Diesel and Dust (doesn’t sound good, try calling Dust!
Dust!), Truganini and Namatjira (too long). I once called a cat Tom Bombadil
so Tolkien is out. Hiroshima and Nagasaki, although appropriate in devastation
are too disrespectful.  Charybdis and Scylla are not exactly easy to call.
I’m ready for a little help from my friends. Places in Oz? Oily references?
Mythology? Foreign names? Authors? Famous brothers?
Looking forward to your suggestion on this critical issue.

Cheers
Brigitte