Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Capricornia Book

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:08:08 -0500

--=====================_20314320==_.ALT

Sheeeeeyit.

I checked our public library's website and the library network to which it
is attached.

Not only do they have the Oil's CD in several locations, they have not one,
not two, but THREE COPIES of the book, two in my town (but the 1939 copy is
in off-site storage and does not circulate).

Thanks for the idea.  Doh!  Now if you can figure out how I can get some
free time to read it...

Another suggestion:  I'd probably be able to locate it in one of the many
used bookstores in my area.  Maybe we Yanks could pass a copy around for
the cost of book-rate postage.

At 04:55 PM 1/21/03 -0500, Pew117@aol.com wrote:
>FYI, I managed to find Capricornia in my little old public library here in
>Peoria, Illinois. I could not believe it. Of course, they had to go into
>the stacks to get it and it had not been checked out since 1971. But they
>had it and it was well worth reading - the images still linger in my head
>and the songs on the Capricornia album are even more meaningful to me.
>
>If it's not in your local or public library, try www.abebooks.com - I have
>had some luck there with out of print books.
>
>Happy hunting!
>
>Jennifer
>Peoria, IL USA

Kate Adams
Gradual Student
Researcher
Cyclist
Activist
Friend
Wife
Mother
Daughter
Person
"Keep Joy out of the reach of children.
If Joy gets in your eyes, flush thoroughly with water.
If Joy is swallowed, drink a glass of water to dilute"
- label for Joy dishwashing liquid
--=====================_20314320==_.ALT

Sheeeeeyit.<br>
I checked our public library's website and the library network to which
it is attached.<br>
Not only do they have the Oil's CD in several locations, they have not
one, not two, but THREE COPIES of the book, two in my town (but the 1939
copy is in off-site storage and does not circulate). <br>
Thanks for the idea.&nbsp; Doh!&nbsp; Now if you can figure out how I can
get some free time to read it...<br>
Another suggestion:&nbsp; I'd probably be able to locate it in one of the
many used bookstores in my area.&nbsp; Maybe we Yanks could pass a copy
around for the cost of book-rate postage.<br>
At 04:55 PM 1/21/03 -0500, Pew117@aol.com wrote:<br>
in my little old public library here in Peoria, Illinois. I could not
believe it. Of course, they had to go into the stacks to get it and it
had not been checked out since 1971. But they had it and it was well
worth reading - the images still linger in my head and the songs on the
Capricornia album are even more meaningful to me. <br>
If it's not in your local or public library, try
- I have had some luck there with out of print books. <br>
Happy hunting!<br>
Jennifer<br>
Peoria, IL USA<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Kate Adams<br>
-------------------------------------------<br>
Gradual Student<br>
Researcher<br>
Cyclist<br>
Activist<br>
Friend<br>
Wife<br>
Mother<br>
Daughter<br>
Person<br>
&quot;Keep Joy out of the reach of children.&nbsp; <br>
If Joy gets in your eyes, flush thoroughly with water.&nbsp; <br>
If Joy is swallowed, drink a glass of water to dilute&quot; <br>
- label for Joy dishwashing liquid<br>