Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] canberra fires/anzac day

Erin Oneill Erin.Oneill@newcastle.edu.au
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:41:05 +1100

--Boundary_(ID_NWoOCN6HbGlamoU2t8fybA)

Hi all,

just reporting what I had seen on the idiot box etc.  Although, by the sounds of it (from the last nights coverage on the ABC), if it does rain, it's still going to bugger up the sewerage/water systems.  They just weren't built for that kind of overload.  According to one newspaper though, there had already been overflows to the river.  It's the people without insurance who are going to suffer the most.  Even those who were insured will be treated like criminals by their insurers.  My parents lost their business (a factory) to an electrical fire in '96.  Their livelihood down the drain in 10 minutes flat.  The shock of the fire was nowhere near as bad as the treatment they got from the insurers - you would have thought they were war criminals they way they were treated.  Insurers are right up there on the list of bastards (with banks).  But the old fart and old tart rebuilt a bigger and better factory... and changed insurers.
Oh yes, and just for more excitement, it seems that the Turkish and Austrlian authorities are reviewing security measures against terrorist attack at the ANZAC day ceremony at gallipoli.  A terrorist attack is the last thing the Turkish poeple need as they are petitioning for entry to the European Union, which some extremists will probably be against (and more than a few of the Euro/white/Christian club will be happy to have any excuse to keep the turkish out).  Here we go again...

happy camping everyone!

--Boundary_(ID_NWoOCN6HbGlamoU2t8fybA)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Microsoft Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>just reporting what I had seen on the idiot box etc.&nbsp;
Although, by the sounds of it (from the last nights coverage on the ABC), if it
does rain, it's still going to bugger up the sewerage/water systems.&nbsp; They
just weren't built for that kind of overload.&nbsp; According to one newspaper
though, there had already been overflows to the river.&nbsp; It's the people
without insurance who are going to suffer the most.&nbsp; Even those who were
insured will be treated like criminals by their insurers.&nbsp; My parents lost
their business (a factory) to an electrical fire in '96.&nbsp; Their livelihood
down the drain in 10 minutes flat.&nbsp; The shock of the fire was nowhere near
as bad as the treatment they got from the insurers - you would have thought
they&nbsp;were war criminals they way they were treated.&nbsp; Insurers are
right up there on the list of bastards (with banks).&nbsp; But the old fart and
old tart&nbsp;rebuilt a bigger and better factory... and changed
insurers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>Oh yes, and just for more excitement, it seems that the
Turkish and Austrlian authorities are reviewing security measures against
terrorist attack at the ANZAC day ceremony at gallipoli.&nbsp; A terrorist
attack is the last thing the Turkish poeple&nbsp;need as they are petitioning
for entry to the European Union, which some extremists will probably be against
(and more than a few of the Euro/white/Christian club will be happy to have any
excuse to keep the turkish out).&nbsp; Here we go again...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>happy camping everyone!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_NWoOCN6HbGlamoU2t8fybA)--