Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LONMOC: Men better looking as they age?

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:50:43 -0600

I have a page size picture of Keith Richards hanging on my wall because he
is one of my "guitar heros" I suppose you could say.  I never thought twice
about the fact that he was completly wrinkled and that his face was so
cracked and old. One day one of my friends came in my room and upon seeing
the picture said, 'Oh my god!! Why do you have a pic of that guy on the
wall!!  He is so ugly!! How can you look at him every day!?!?!?'  I guess I
just didn't really think of it as beauty or ugliness either way, but rather
the signs of an aged rock star and tales of everything that he has been
through.  He is on my top five list of greatest guitarists and is a big
influence to me.  I even built a guitar that is an exact copy of one of his
Telecasters because I wanted that same twang that Keith gets when playing.
I don't care how wrinkled he is...he still deserves a spot on my wall!!!
(Of course I have a spot for Jim and Martin too...lol)  In my opinion, those
kinds of wrinkles only build the character of a person even more.

Heidi