Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils live covers

redzed84 redzed84@yahoo.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:55:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi all
I've got a few questions about some live covers I
found on-line & I'm hoping someone knows the details
about where & when they were taped?

And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda
Some type of broadcast. The end credit is something
like "WNVW Liveline" & PG makes a reference to Surf's
Up Tonight, so maybe it was recorded aroung 1996.
Beautiful song - it would be great if it was
officially taped or filmed for some future B-sides
collection.

What's So Funny 'Bout Peace Love & Understanding?
The lead-in is "I got my car, I got my
echo-unit(???)". Isn't this the B-side to Put Down
That Weapon? I see this one pops up on a few bootlegs
too - is it all the same version?

We Gotta Get Out of This Place
The end includes PG saying "thank you MTV Unplugged
for helping us discover how flawed & mortal all rock
performers really are". Some lyrics are changed - "all
those lobbyists, they got 'em down Washington way".

Spent way too much time on-line today, but it beats
shoveling snow!
thanks for the help..
Barbara