Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] OILS AWAY.............

rick rickysan@speedlink.com.au
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:35:02 +1100

          A friend of mine had the hand logo painted on to a watch face and
gave it to me for my 21st birthday.

            It was my pride and joy.I only use to wear it when i went out.

             Every now and then, i would be paying for my drinks and the bar
person would say "Is that an Oils watch?How cool!"

           Unfortunately i only had it about 3 years.I was coming home in a
taxi one night after a night out and i realised my watch was gone from my
arm.It had come off while i was breaking up a fight between 2 of my stupid
friends.Just one of those stupid "boys on the drink" fights over nothing
that they forgot about the next day.

           I got the taxi to turn around and go back but someone had picked
it up.

            I miss it not only because it was cool Oils memoribilia but the
sentimental value because it was an engraved 21st present from my best
friend.

             She tried to get it re-done for my 30th last year but she
couldn't track anyone down who painted watch faces.

            Actually i remember Rob and Bones admiring it after a gig at
Seagulls Leagues Club.They were joking about how they have wasted potential
merchandising opportunites and they we were trying to think of others and
Bones came up with the "Rob Hirst Whoopee Cushion".

                I'd buy one.

                         Rick