Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Fwd: Impeach the Pres,

Craig Jacobson cjake@pipeline.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:06:06 -0500

Eel Bonjack wrote:

>If you disagree with this, then you can just ignore me
>here.
>otherwise, I think we got to make a stand here.
>because I can't go on, living like this, watching
>pictures of the world as they pass me by.....
>
>http://www.votetoimpeach.org

I couldn't resist taking a look at this website.  Not because there
aren't legitimate reasons to oppose the possibility of conflict in Iraq
- there are numerous reasons - but because those who are most vocal in
opposition never seem to come up with them.

The first of the "articles of impeachment" put forth by Ramsey Clark
refers to a "pre-emptive" war in Afghanistan.  I hate to break the news,
but in lower Manhattan, across the street from where I once went to
school, there used to be these two really tall buildings.  Three
thousand people were brutally murdered there.  The military action in
Afghanistan by the U.S. and its allies was anything but "pre-emptive".

The remaining "articles" were equally filled with distortions and untruths.

So, whatever each person's position may be, they should take care to
back it up with facts and reasoned arguments rather than the
aforementioned drivel.

Back to our regular scheduled discussion on Euro Capricornia...

- CAJ