Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NML - not oils

jeffm@jeack.com.au jeffm@jeack.com.au
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:57:24 -1000

Hi all,

I just want to agree emphatically with Damien's comments.  NML was not a MO
single, and one of the band members signed my single with this message -
"This is not a Midnight Oil single."

I think that speaks for itself.  Yeah, they agree with the Gaia cause, but
having someone brand their own work as Midnight Oil, when the band just
offered a few instruments and a voice, is NOT the way the oils work.  I
think it is sad (whilst ironic) that a band who has gone to such great
lengths to protect their work from profiteers has been taken for a ride on
what is ostensibly their "last release" in the general public's eye.

Cheers,
Jeff
http://www.jeack.com.au