Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] I'm waiting round for those waves and days

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:31:24 +1000 (EST)

--0-571840603-1061929884=:25896

...I called in "sick" one day from my cell phone on Friday.  I began my drive to work, listening to 10.....1, and I knew that was going to be a slow and boring day in the office, and the sun was shining, and it was the end of spring, and my daughter was in school, and my husband at work.  So, I called in "sick", and just took a long ride which ended in Madison, Wisconsin.

Nice day at work you may say.

Keep on Oilin'...
Lina

Kate Parker Adams <kate@dnki.net> wrote:
I'm blowing off work tomorrow to go bodyboarding, so I had early Oils music
on my mind as I biked in to work today and it got me thinking.

Just how many Oils songs involve screwing work to go surfing or hit the
beach? I don't have the early catalog ripped to .mp3 at work so I thought
it would be a fun waste of time to think about it.

The ones I can think of offhand are Bus to Bondi, Koala Sprint, and Surfin'
With a Spoon. Any others?

kPa

p.s. oh yeah ... a question for you surfer types ... my son has been
bugging me for surf lessons and when he can swim well enough we're going to
learn together. I did some googling around about kids and surfing and
popped up this link to an inflatable surf board. http://www.uliboards.com/
I thought it was a neat idea - not only for a novice and a kid but for the
"bike to surf" potential - it rolls up to fit in a pannier or a backpack
with room for a wettie. That appeals to me, as does the lack of travel
headaches when visiting parents on the west coast. Anyone familiar with
these? I'll take answers offline.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Search
--0-571840603-1061929884=:25896

<DIV>...I called in "sick" one day from my cell phone on Friday.&nbsp; I began my drive to work, listening to 10.....1, and I knew that was going to be a slow and boring day in the office, and the sun was shining, and it was the end of spring, and my daughter was in school, and my husband at work.&nbsp; So, I called in "sick", and just took a long ride which ended in Madison, Wisconsin.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Nice day at work you may say.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Keep on Oilin'...</DIV>
<DIV>Lina<BR><BR><B><I>Kate Parker Adams &lt;kate@dnki.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">I'm blowing off work tomorrow to go bodyboarding, so I had early Oils music <BR>on my mind as I biked in to work today and it got me thinking.<BR><BR>Just how many Oils songs involve screwing work to go surfing or hit the <BR>beach? I don't have the early catalog ripped to .mp3 at work so I thought <BR>it would be a fun waste of time to think about it.<BR><BR>The ones I can think of offhand are Bus to Bondi, Koala Sprint, and Surfin' <BR>With a Spoon. Any others?<BR><BR>kPa<BR><BR>p.s. oh yeah ... a question for you surfer types ... my son has been <BR>bugging me for surf lessons and when he can swim well enough we're going to <BR>learn together. I did some googling around about kids and surfing and <BR>popped up this link to an inflatable surf board. http://www.uliboards.com/ <BR>I thought it was a neat idea - not only for a novice and a kid but for the <BR>"bike to surf" potential -
--0-571840603-1061929884=:25896--