Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC Pauline Hanson convicted of electoral fraud

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:52:22 -0400

Q: What do you call a pol who commits election fraud in Australia?
A: A convict
Q: and what do you call a pol who commits election fraud in The United
States of America!
A: Mr. President

(or Jeb or any number of things - see below ...)

<sigh>

With that I take you to the lovely state of Texas where the never-ending
saga of legislative redistricting threatens our democratic institutions.
The republicans in the national legislature attempt to use bizarre
parliamentary moves to gerrymander legislative districts in a non-census
year and stack the next Congress with republican victories.  They are
trying to change the make-up of the districts in order to elect more
republicans, not because there has been a new census taken and population
has shifted - the constitutionally acceptable reason.  Now the minority
party pols are camping out of state to prevent a quorum in a special
session called specifically for the redistricting at the behest of
Republican party leaders.  They are doing it in Ohio too.  Part of the
California mess has to do with a governor the republicans hate refusing to
play along with this charade.  Check out https://www.moveon.org/texasads/

Gettin real ooogly up here!

kPa