Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] new music recommendations.... NMOC

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:15:42 -0400 (EDT)

--0-1513605574-1060974942=:10121

Loud amen to Michael's words below. There is a fluidity and grace to MK's playing that does steal the heart with a single lick...the album mentioned is among my favourites too. Much to celebrate with James Taylor and Van Morrison making vocal appearances. But it's about tone eh, with MK coaxing the sweetest sounds ever from a 59 blonde 335 straight into a Fender Bassman of the same vintage (no doubt a bit of reverb splashed in at the board.) And his legendary strat tone stands alone. It does tend to run off with the heart, as Michael mentioned in his post. What a master.

cheers,

bruce

Michael <mbtigger@charter.net> wrote:

And lastely something you might NOT like, but I think is one of the best
albums of the last 3 years. Mark Knopfler "Sailing to Philidelphia".
Listening to the way he makes his guitar sing on that album almost makes me
want to cry.

--0-1513605574-1060974942=:10121

<DIV>Loud amen to Michael's words below. There is a fluidity and grace to MK's playing that does steal the heart with a single lick...the album mentioned is among my favourites too. Much to celebrate with James Taylor and Van Morrison making vocal appearances. But it's about tone eh, with MK coaxing the sweetest sounds ever from a 59 blonde 335 straight into a Fender Bassman of the same vintage (no doubt a bit of reverb splashed in at the board.) And his legendary strat tone stands alone. It does tend to run off with the heart, as Michael mentioned in his post. What a master.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bruce<BR><BR><B><I>Michael &lt;mbtigger@charter.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>