Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] new music recommendations.... NMOC

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 08:22:34 +1000 (EST)

--0-76348577-1060467754=:75170

Mike,

Recently I have been listening to Danny Johnson again.  He's got rather new CD out - Over Cloud "9".  Very-very different.  That guy has guitar style of his own.

He is known from earlier gigs (no, he is not new).  He was discovered by Rick Derringer when he was 18.  He also toured with Rod Stewart, Van Halen, and recorded with Alice Cooper (Special Forces), Carmine Appice, and Rod Stewart (Tonight I'm yours).  Also toured with Alcatraz (Dangerous Games) with Graham Bonnet, and Axis (It's a Circus World).

Originally from Shreveport, Louisiana, he adds that Louisiana voodoo touch to his playing style.  And his on-stage performance.  He is very colorful to look at to :-)

Currently he is playing lead guitar for John Kay and Steppenwolf, and in my opinion, he is doing great job, and the best guitarrist they had in many years.

But he has his own band, and they sound excellent.  When John Kay and Steppenwolf perform live, Danny does few of his own tunes.   I just wish he had time to do more of his own stuff, and more folks were familiar with him.

I am going to see him live with Steppenwolf August 30 in Milwaukee.  Can't wait to see them.

Sorry for long rant, but what I was trying to say here is that that's one of the new, but not too commercial acts to see if they are in your part of town.

Lina
Born To Be Wild with Power and the Passion

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Personals
- New people, new possibilities! Try Yahoo! Personals, FREE for a limited period!
--0-76348577-1060467754=:75170

<DIV><BR>Mike,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Recently I have been listening to Danny Johnson again.&nbsp; He's got rather new CD out - Over Cloud "9".&nbsp; Very-very different.&nbsp; That guy has guitar style of his own.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>He is known from earlier&nbsp;gigs (no, he is not new).&nbsp; He was discovered by Rick Derringer when he was 18.&nbsp; He also toured with Rod Stewart, Van Halen, and recorded with Alice Cooper (Special Forces), Carmine Appice, and Rod Stewart (Tonight I'm yours).&nbsp; Also toured with Alcatraz (Dangerous Games) with Graham Bonnet, and Axis (It's a Circus World).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Originally from Shreveport, Louisiana, he adds that Louisiana voodoo touch to his playing style.&nbsp; And his on-stage performance.&nbsp; He is very colorful to look at to :-)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Currently he is playing lead guitar for John Kay and Steppenwolf, and in my opinion, he is doing great job, and the best guitarrist they had in many years.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But he has his own band, and they sound excellent.&nbsp; When John Kay and Steppenwolf perform live, Danny does few of his own tunes.&nbsp;&nbsp; I just wish he had time to do more of his own stuff, and more folks were familiar with him.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am going to see him live with Steppenwolf August 30 in Milwaukee.&nbsp; Can't wait to see them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sorry for long rant, but what I was trying to say here is that that's one of the new, but not too commercial acts to see if they are in your part of town.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Lina</DIV>