Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: starving for gossip

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:41:06 -0400 (EDT)

--0-632107813-1060368066=:30567

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com wrote:
Am I the only one having such withdrawal symptoms so far down this road?

Sure, but don't the Oils hang around like gas after a bad pizza - but in a yummy way?! They keep resurfacing everywhere I go. We spent a week at Gettysburg, and Forgotten Years is all over my brain. The drive through Harrisburg had me singing out loud in a way that made my brother-in-law very nervous. And NYC had me humming "Bedlam Bridge" (Brooklyn Bridge??)   ;)  and it was very cool to walk down 6th Ave and try to imagine the Oils on a flatbed blowing away the mayhem for a short period of time (no offense, rhonda, phil, craig et al NYC workers)

Oils music continues to resonate and help me make sense of much of the stuff I experience. So I can't call it withdrawl, though I'm sad at times that there won't be any more tours or new records. But in truth, the Oils are as alive as they ever were!!

cheers and g'day from the ottawa valley,

bruce

--0-632107813-1060368066=:30567

<DIV><BR><B><I>GrnVillageGirl@aol.com</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; WIDTH: 100%"><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT face=Arial lang=0 size=2 style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" FAMILY="SANSSERIF"><BR>Am I the only one having such withdrawal symptoms so far down this road?<BR><BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<P>Sure, but don't the Oils hang around like gas after a bad pizza - but in a yummy way?! They keep resurfacing everywhere I go. We spent a week at Gettysburg, and Forgotten Years&nbsp;is all over my brain. The drive through Harrisburg had me singing out loud in a way that made my brother-in-law very nervous. And NYC had me humming "Bedlam Bridge" (Brooklyn Bridge??)&nbsp;&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; and it was very cool to walk down 6th Ave and try to imagine the Oils on a flatbed blowing away the mayhem for a short period of time (no offense, rhonda, phil, craig&nbsp;et al NYC workers)</P>
<P>Oils music continues to resonate and help me make sense of much of the stuff I experience. So I can't call it withdrawl, though I'm sad at times that there won't be any more tours or new records.&nbsp;But in truth, the Oils are as alive as they ever were!!</P>
<P>cheers and g'day from the ottawa valley,</P>
--0-632107813-1060368066=:30567--