Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC Redgum/John Schumann/Rob Hirst

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 09:59:41 +0800

At 26-04-03 12:35 AM +0930, Anna Offler wrote:
>Whilst browsing on the Redgum site for my previous post I noticed that Rob
>played drums on one of John Schumann's solo albums in 1993. Not surprising
>I guess as Redgum started shortly before the Oils, and were also a
>"political band" encouraged by the well known Vietnam activist/university
>lecturer Brian Medlin.

There was a (disappointingly shallow) article in the paper here yesterday
about anti-war songs in which Rob Hirst was quoted, describing Schumann as
"the elder statesman of complaint folk".

jeff...