Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Digeridoo

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:33:27 -0400 (EDT)

--0-361058672-1050705207=:43124

Hey Randy and all,
A local store has started stocking Australian digeridoos. They look authentic, and sell between 75 - 140 CD. I tried one out, and got the juiciest fart sound you could ever imagine. That and precisely nothing more. Depending on the time of day, this is not an entirely abnormal sound for me, but it was very humililating in the middle of a crowded guitar shop.
Talk about your niche instrument.
bruce in calgary
P.Q. "never suck, when you're s'posed to blow" ~ t_o_f
 Randy Van Vliet <bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com> wrote:Question for Musicians out there:

I don't have any musical ability (other than to hit
"Play"). My children, on the other hand do. They all
play piano as well as several other instruments
(thanks to their mother). They have been intrigued
with the sound of the Digeridoo. So I have played
around with getting them one. I have a few questions.

Is it very hard to learn how to play?

Once you learn the basics is very hard to get "good"?

Since they are not man made, are there variations
between instruments? As a follow up, is it worth it
to get a more expensive one?

Does size matter? (Musically speaking, people. Get
your minds out of the gutter!)

MOC: What actually happened at Maralinga? And is Tin
Legs realted to Maralinga at all? I only ask because
the songs flow so well together.

--0-361058672-1050705207=:43124

<DIV>
<P>Hey Randy and all,
<P>A local store has started stocking Australian digeridoos. They look authentic, and sell between 75 - 140 CD. I tried one out, and got the juiciest fart sound you could ever imagine. That and precisely nothing more. Depending on the time of day, this is not an entirely abnormal sound for me, but it was very humililating in the middle of a crowded guitar shop.
<P>Talk about your niche instrument.
<P>bruce in calgary
<P>P.Q. "never suck,&nbsp;when you're s'posed to&nbsp;blow" ~ t_o_f