Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils for Solo Acoustic Guitar?

craiggy@ozemail.com.au craiggy@ozemail.com.au
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:37:39 +1000

------=____1050554259072_=gV08c-2dM

US forces is a good 'un.  A-Asus2-E7sus4-B7 (great chord riff)

Let me see... How about Home? The start chords go D-Dsus4-G

Also, King of the Mountain, Common Ground, Short Memory (for the picking), Put down that weapon

Umm....

> From: "Michael" <mbtigger@charter.net>
> Subject: [Powderworks] Oils for Solo Acoustic Guitar?
> Date: 17/04/2003 14:13:38
> To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
>
> OK Folks!
>
> Every 4 or 5 years I try to teach myself guitar and fail. This has been going on for about 15-20 years now
> This time I am trying to do it by not even teaching myself to read music. I am just downloading guitar tabs and figuring out chords and fingering from them. I figure once I can actually play come chords and move my fingers around the guitar I will get back to learning to read music. And If I never get to learn to read music I will at least be able to strum a rhythm guitar.
>
> Which brings me to my question - What are the easiest, best sounding songs to play solo acoustic? I have the Tabs for LAND and that works out pretty well solo acoustic (Except for the during the actual guitar solo! -  I have been strumming the intro because I think it sounds better in place of the solo). Are there any other suggestions for Oils material that is easy for a beginner to play solo acoustic?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

------=____1050554259072_=gV08c-2dM

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>OK Folks!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Every 4 or 5 years I try to teach myself guitar and
fail. This has been going on for about 15-20 years now</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>This time I am trying to do it by not even teaching
myself to read music. I am just downloading guitar tabs and figuring out chords
and fingering from them. I figure once I can actually play come chords and move
my fingers around the guitar I will get back to learning to read music. And If I
never get to learn to read music I will at least be able to strum a rhythm
guitar.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Which brings me to my question - What are the
easiest, best sounding songs to play solo acoustic? I have the Tabs for LAND and
that works out pretty well solo acoustic (Except for the during the actual
guitar solo! -  I have been strumming the intro because I think it sounds better
in place of the solo). Are there any other suggestions for Oils material that is
easy for a beginner to play solo acoustic?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Michael</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=____1050554259072_=gV08c-2dM--