Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils for Solo Acoustic Guitar?

Michael mbtigger@charter.net
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:13:38 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3045D.0CC65520

OK Folks!

Every 4 or 5 years I try to teach myself guitar and fail. This has been =
going on for about 15-20 years now
This time I am trying to do it by not even teaching myself to read =
music. I am just downloading guitar tabs and figuring out chords and =
fingering from them. I figure once I can actually play come chords and =
move my fingers around the guitar I will get back to learning to read =
music. And If I never get to learn to read music I will at least be able =
to strum a rhythm guitar.

Which brings me to my question - What are the easiest, best sounding =
songs to play solo acoustic? I have the Tabs for LAND and that works out =
pretty well solo acoustic (Except for the during the actual guitar solo! =
-  I have been strumming the intro because I think it sounds better in =
place of the solo). Are there any other suggestions for Oils material =
that is easy for a beginner to play solo acoustic?

Thanks!

Michael

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3045D.0CC65520

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>OK Folks!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Every 4 or 5 years I try to teach =
myself guitar and=20
fail. This has been going on for about 15-20 years now</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This time I am trying to do it by not =
even teaching=20
myself to read music. I am just downloading guitar tabs and figuring out =
chords=20
and fingering from them. I figure once I can actually play come chords =
and move=20
my fingers around the guitar I will get back to learning to read music. =
And If I=20
never get to learn to read music I will at least be able to strum a =
rhythm=20
guitar.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Which brings me to my question - What =
are the=20
easiest, best sounding songs to play solo acoustic? I have the Tabs for =
LAND and=20
that works out pretty well solo acoustic (Except for the during the =
actual=20
guitar solo! -  I have been strumming the intro because I think it =
sounds better=20
in place of the solo). Are there any other suggestions for Oils material =
that is=20
easy for a beginner to play solo acoustic?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Michael</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3045D.0CC65520--