Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC (Re: America a friend to all peaceful nations)

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:12:58 -0400

I will simply say that I know someone who was there when Allende was
overthrown in Chile - go see the movie "Missing" for details of what became
of his best friend.  I had a technician working for me a couple of years
ago who had escaped from the death squads in Honduras on a tip from a
neighbor (he was a dangerous person who thought he should get to vote) and,
on his way to Mexico he spent time helping villagers burn bodies to prevent
the spread of disease after a massacre.

These folks do make their living and life in the United States.  But I am
tempted to e-mail them this "Friend to All" statement for comment.