Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Must Be Monday

Margaret Benzer benzer@mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:23:16 -0700

Okay, this message has nothing to do with the war.  It has nothing to do with
boycotts.  It has to do with just wanting to get something off of my chest.

Have any of you ever had a coworker who drove you so crazy that you just wanted
to quit your job?  I'm at that point right now.  It wouldn't be so bad except
she is a faculty member and I am just a grunt worker in the department.  In
other words, she is a god and nothing she does is wrong.  So I get in trouble
for not bowing down to her, even when she gives me stuff to order that she
wanted to arrive last week.  Sometimes it is a list of chemicals, no
manufacturers, quantities, purities, etc.  So I end up ordering the wrong stuff
and get in trouble because she didn't have what she needed when she needed it.

So, my question to the list is, how do you deal with someone like this?  I
don't want to get in trouble and lose my job.  Other than daydreaming that she
quits, I need to find a productive way to deal with the stress.  Any
suggestions would be helpful.  And talking to my boss doesn't help.  He's an
invertebrate (no backbone).

Margaret