Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: E&S&M

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Sun, 06 Apr 2003 12:43:41 -0400

--B_3132477823_233946

I=B9ll never forget it, Jeff!  I was 17.  My more recent experiences at Oils
concerts just can=B9t compare to that first time of hearing Drums of Heaven
blast into the [hot] night air!!  I felt like I was intoxicated by the end
of it.
You=B9re right, Peter did change shirts several times.

>I know at least one other Powderworker was there.  I remember correspondin=
with Glitch a while back and
>realizing we both attended the same show.  Of course, she's a lot younger =
than
me, so she probably remembers it
>better.

Hehe...don=B9t know what you mean that I might remember it better than you...=
was 17!!!!  Don=B9t remember much else from those days.
--Glitch Baby

got your last meal filled up with pesticide
hamburger chain third world infanticide
got robot car your job will disappear
it's called the politics of a brand new year
some say that's progress i say that's cruel

--midnight oil

>=20
> Nope.  Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 27, 1993 (thanks, oilbase!!) at what w=
as
> then known as Hardee's Walnut Creek Pavilion.  Hot as blazes.  Peter sure=
 did
> sweat a lot.  My memory is that he changed shirts a couple of times.

--B_3132477823_233946

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Powderworks] Re: E&amp;S&amp;M</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I&#8217;ll never forget it, Jeff! &nbsp;I was 17. &nbs=
p;My more recent experiences at Oils concerts just can&#8217;t compare to th=
at first time of hearing Drums of Heaven blast into the [hot] night air!! &n=
bsp;I felt like I was intoxicated by the end of it.<BR>
You&#8217;re right, Peter did change shirts several times.<BR>
<BR>
&gt;I know at least one other Powderworker was there. &nbsp;I remember corr=
esponding with Glitch a while back and <BR>
&gt;realizing we both attended the same show. &nbsp;Of course, she's a lot =
younger than me, so she probably remembers it <BR>
&gt;better.<BR>
<BR>
Hehe...don&#8217;t know what you mean that I might remember it better than =
you...I was 17!!!! &nbsp;Don&#8217;t remember much else from those days.<BR>
--Glitch Baby<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
----------------------------------------------------<BR>
got your last meal filled up with pesticide<BR>
hamburger chain third world infanticide<BR>
got robot car your job will disappear<BR>
it's called the politics of a brand new year<BR>
some say that's progress i say that's cruel<BR>
<BR>
--midnight oil<BR>
--------------------------------------------------<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
Nope. &nbsp;Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 27, 1993 (thanks, oilbase!!) at wha=
t was then known as Hardee's Walnut Creek Pavilion. &nbsp;Hot as blazes. &nb=
sp;Peter sure did sweat a lot. &nbsp;My memory is that he changed shirts a c=
ouple of times.<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">----- Original Message ----- <BR>
<B>From:</B> Kate Parker Adams &lt;mailto:kate@dnki.net&gt; &nbsp;<BR>
<B>To:</B> Jeff Bond &lt;mailto:jeffbond@mindspring.com&gt; &nbsp;<BR>
<B>Cc:</B> Beth Curran &lt;mailto:bcurran@columbus.rr.com&gt; &nbsp;; powde=
rworks@cs.colorado.edu <BR>
<B>Sent:</B> Saturday, April 05, 2003 1:30 PM<BR>
<B>Subject:</B> Re: [Powderworks] Re: E&amp;S&amp;M<BR>
<BR>
Was this the Great Woods Show?<BR>
<BR>
I was down front, off to stage right about three rows back. &nbsp;Just miss=
ed <BR>
getting beaned by the harmonica. &nbsp;Now I wish I hadn't ducked.<BR>
<BR>
At 11:37 AM 4/5/03 -0500, Jeff Bond wrote:<BR>
&gt; &nbsp;I saw Midnight Oil during the 1993 tour (when I was 40!) in supp=
ort of <BR>
&gt; E&amp;S&amp;M. &nbsp;It was the first time I'd seen them live, and I w=
as two rows from <BR>
&gt; the front and just about dead center in front of the band. &nbsp;That =
proves <BR>
&gt; my memory still works . . .<BR>
<BR>