Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NTSC to PAL conversion

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

if the MTV unplugged show you get from Margaret is a copy of my weed
then it is already in PAL.

generally I have not seen any issues with VCDs due to NTSC/PAL
playback capabilities. It appears that most DVD players can play
both formats. I must admit that my equipment can play any format so
I would personally not have a problem but I have weeded the goat
island show to Nathan in Australia and he has not complained.

However - if you still have a need to convert, I would extract the
.dat file on the VCD back to .mpg (use vcdguigear) and then
re-encode it with tmpgenc using a PAL template.

=====
Miron

What happened to this song we once knew so well
Signed promise for moments caught within the spell
I must have waited all my life for this
Moment moment (Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans)