Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Levellers - New Album!

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:18:42 -0400

Okay, so the Oils are going to dis us Yanks and not come back for a while.

Looks like the Levellers, my next fave band and celt punk superguys, are at
it again.  For the unititiated and those who didn't make it to the Oils' at
the WOMAD shows a few years back, The Levellers are a politically outspoken
crew who deftly mix both accoustic and electric rock, celtic strains,
progressive politics and bits of the history of their people and their
land.  Their live shows are every bit as intense as the Oils in my opinion,
and the impact does not change with the size of the crowd or venue.  I saw
them for an intimate acoustic set last year and it was a show I won't soon
forget.

Cuts from their new album, Green Blade Rising, are streamed on demand from
their subdomain at http://www.greenbladerising.co.uk/

Kate Adams
Graduate Student
Department of Work Environment
UMass Lowell
Global Free Trade: All the economic benefits of colonialism, without all
those nasty responsibilities.
*****