Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Happy Birthday Gibson Les Paul

stephen.wood@stockford.net stephen.wood@stockford.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:04:52 +1000

Bruce,

Both Martin and Jim are often seen with Les Pauls, especially during the
Breathe and Redneck tours (checkout the american Truganinni film clip, they
both have 'em). Martin is certainly more into Fenders and Jim into
Gretsches, but have no fear, I have seen at least 4 separate Les Pauls
between the 2 guys over the years.

Steve

   "No self-respecting rock n roll-oriented list
would be complete without somebody singing 'happy
birthday' to the Gibson Les Paul on the occasion of
its 50th anniversary.

     I'm sure I've see pictures of Jim playing a black
one somewhere or other. Martin seems to be pretty
committed to Strats and Fenders, but I'd be shocked if
Jim's collection didn't include at least a fistful of
Les Pauls...

bruce in calgary"