Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True confessions/Classic Rarities

Jeff Bond Jeff Bond" <jeffbond@mindspring.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:12:18 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C26285.1D692E40

Lew\Anna=20

That's a great point that a lot of people don't recognize.  When =
recordings moved to the CD and the jewel box, we largely lost the album =
cover as an art object .   Anyone who's seen the art work on any Yes =
album, or the first King Crimson album should realize that there just =
isn't enough room on a jewel box to appreciate the artwork.  There's =
also been some terrific photography instead of rendered work.  George =
Harrison's All Things Must Pass and Quadrophenia by The Who come to mind =
in that category.

Rgrds, Jeff
  ----- Original Message -----=20