Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True Confessions/Vinyl Rarities

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com GrnVillageGirl@aol.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 02:46:51 EDT

--part1_d5.1dad27ef.2abd6fdb_boundary

Oh am I ever gonna date myself here...
I think I still have a copy of an album where David McCallum (Illya on "The
Man From U.N.C.L.E.," for anyone who watches, like, TV Land or something)
conducts an orchestra. What can I tell you...
Rarities? Got plenty of those. Not only all the previously-mentioned Stones
LPs (3D "Satanic Majesties," etc.) but also the Keith Moon "Dark Side of the
Moon" album where you can reverse the inner sleeve to show his arse hanging
out the limo.
A Split Enz album with holographic designs cut into the vinyl, circa '77 or
so.
A fabulous 6-LP German import of pretty much everything Buddy Holly ever cut.
LOTS of out-of-print albums, some of which never made it onto CD.
I used to collect Springsteen stuff, so I have some very rare singles,
including "Blinded by the Light" as sent to radio stations, in a picture
sleeve -- his first single.
And some oddly-shaped Bruce items, like a Pink Cadillac picture disc that was
pulled off the UK market for some reason.
A "Darkness" picture disc.
And so on...I must have about 600 albums still. The CDs are definitely now
taking the lead, though; gotta have about 1000 of them, including boxed sets.
Can you tell I love my music?!

--part1_d5.1dad27ef.2abd6fdb_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Oh am I ever gonna date myself here...<BR>
I think I still have a copy of an album where David McCallum (Illya on "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.," for anyone who watches, like, TV Land or something) conducts an orchestra. What can I tell you...<BR>
Rarities? Got plenty of those. Not only all the previously-mentioned Stones LPs (3D "Satanic Majesties," etc.) but also the Keith Moon "Dark Side of the Moon" album where you can reverse the inner sleeve to show his arse hanging out the limo.<BR>
A Split Enz album with holographic designs cut into the vinyl, circa '77 or so.<BR>
A fabulous 6-LP German import of pretty much everything Buddy Holly ever cut.<BR>
LOTS of out-of-print albums, some of which never made it onto CD.<BR>
I used to collect Springsteen stuff, so I have some very rare singles, including "Blinded by the Light" as sent to radio stations, in a picture sleeve -- his first single.<BR>
And some oddly-shaped Bruce items, like a Pink Cadillac picture disc that was pulled off the UK market for some reason.<BR>
A "Darkness" picture disc.<BR>
And so on...I must have about 600 albums still. The CDs are definitely now taking the lead, though; gotta have about 1000 of them, including boxed sets.<BR>
Can you tell I love my music?!</FONT></HTML>

--part1_d5.1dad27ef.2abd6fdb_boundary--