Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] It took the most powerful rock band in the world to save my soul.

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:36:53 -0400

--B_3115406215_69358

Welcome aboard Rusty!
We=B9re usually a nice bunch aside from the occasional political mud-slinging=
.
Not so long ago we were talking about the exact thing you say at the end of
your post: are there any American bands with the same kind of =B3power, true
patriotism and giving a damn=B2 as MO is about Australia?  A few names came
out, such as Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, John Mellencamp.  But I think
we all agreed that none of those were really the equivalent of what you=B9re
talking about.  I have continued to think about it since that discussion an=
have yet to think of a band to fill that bill.
It=B9s also good to hear that MO played a part in your redemption.  I think
many of us can say that in whole or in part, in one way or another.

--Glitch
"There are trivial truths and great truths.
The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.
The opposite of a great truth is also true."
                     --Niels Bohr

--B_3115406215_69358

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Powderworks] It took the most powerful rock band in the world t=
o save my soul.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Welcome aboard Rusty!<BR>
We&#8217;re usually a nice bunch aside from the occasional political mud-sl=
inging. &nbsp;<BR>
Not so long ago we were talking about the exact thing you say at the end of=
 your post: are there any American bands with the same kind of &#8220;power,=
 true patriotism and giving a damn&#8221; as MO is about Australia? &nbsp;A =
few names came out, such as Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, John Mellencamp.=
 &nbsp;But I think we all agreed that none of those were really the equivale=
nt of what you&#8217;re talking about. &nbsp;I have continued to think about=
 it since that discussion and have yet to think of a band to fill that bill.=
<BR>
It&#8217;s also good to hear that MO played a part in your redemption. &nbs=
p;I think many of us can say that in whole or in part, in one way or another=
. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">--Glitch<BR>
----------------------------------------------------<BR>
&quot;There are trivial truths and great truths. &nbsp;<BR>
The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. &nbsp;<BR>
The opposite of a great truth is also true.&quot;<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;--Niels Bohr<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3115406215_69358--