Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True confessions/Classic Rarities

jeffbond@mindspring.com jeffbond@mindspring.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:38:57 -0400

Interesting question.  Most valuable, meaning  what it's worth in a "used"
market?  The ones you cite were probably printed (and reprinted) in numbers
that would preclude any real collectible value.  Valuable LP's are usually
those that gained cult-like following, or were "ahead-of-their-time", but were
not released in large numbers and then discontinued.  There were some bootleg
LP's issued in the 70's that also have some value.  I have a couple of Happy
the Man LP's that are apparently worth some money.  I also have a really cool
Electric Prunes LP called Mass in F Minor that had one song on the the sound
track to the movie "Easy Rider" (Man, I'm really showing my age now!), and I
think it has some value, as well, except it's also available as a CD now.

I still listen to my vinyl collection, but it's becoming less frequent.

The problem with collections like that is that they are not liquid.  It's hard
to find a buyer if you decide to sell.  I guess there's always eBay . . .

Jeff

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:52:26 -0700 (PDT) Randy Van Vliet