Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True confessions

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:22:41 +1000 (EST)

--0-1041997671-1032499361=:77576

 Many years ago I purchased the Alcatrazz CD.  The only reason I bought it was because I like the lead guitarrist Danny Johnson, who was in the very end of that band.  That was the mixed CD, which also had Yngwie Malmsteen, then Stevie Vai, the Danny Johnson.  Well, to confess (sorry Graham Bonnett fans), the guitars were the only good points of their sound.  Graham Bonnett's voice however makes me cringe.  The other funny thing about the album is that Danny Johnson's old photo is on the CD inlay, and he has that big hair, and looks hilarious.  The worst is that there are few songs on that CD that I actually like: Dangerous Games and No Imagination
Danny Johnson is not-that well known guitarrist, but he is a big talent.  He previously recorded with Alice Cooper on Special Forces and Rod Stewart's Tonight I'm yours.  Currently he is the lead guitarrist for John Kay and Steppenwolf.
Lina

Yahoo! Messenger for SMS- Always be connected to your Messenger Friends
--0-1041997671-1032499361=:77576

<P>&nbsp;Many years ago I purchased the Alcatrazz CD.&nbsp; The only reason I bought it was because I like the lead guitarrist Danny Johnson, who was in the very end of that band.&nbsp; That was the mixed CD, which also had Yngwie Malmsteen, then Stevie Vai, the Danny Johnson.&nbsp; Well, to confess (sorry Graham Bonnett fans), the guitars were the only good points of their sound.&nbsp; Graham Bonnett's voice however makes me cringe.&nbsp; The other funny thing about the album is that Danny Johnson's old photo is on the CD inlay, and he has that big hair, and looks hilarious.&nbsp; The worst is that there are few songs on that CD that I actually like: Dangerous Games and No Imagination
<P>Danny Johnson is not-that well known guitarrist, but he is a big talent.&nbsp; He previously recorded with Alice Cooper on Special Forces and Rod Stewart's Tonight I'm yours.&nbsp;&nbsp;Currently he is the lead guitarrist for John Kay and Steppenwolf.