Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Miami Medical Students

Tim Clausz tclausz@hotmail.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:11:27 -0400

<<Okay, I'm a little out of the loop.  Some Arab med students were subject
to a multistate manhunt, detained and interrogated for 17 hours, but not
charged, and now, despite not having committed any crime, will be unable to
continue their medical training, all because some random woman in Georgia
made unsubstantiated claims that they said suspicious things?>>

Unbelievable, isn't it?  Land of the free??

If the med students weren't Arabs, would the waitress have been listening so
intently to their conversation?  Good thing they were speaking English so
that she could understand them...  This really makes me fear the
everyone's-a-spy Operation TIPS (Terrorism Information and Prevention
System) program created by Bush and Ashcroft.  What's next -- Arab
internment camps like the Japanese internment camps in the US during WW II?

<<Is this true?  If so, what the hell has America come to?>>

It's scary to think where America might be headed...