Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Favorite Non-Oils Music

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:55:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hey again, Wowderporkers!

     Great idea and totally worthwhile thread Brian. I
owe a big debt to fellow workers for turning me on to
New Model Army last year during a similar survey. How
DID I manage without them? (As I've read some other
thread postings lately, I've thought about their line
"Did you think we were born in peaceful times?" from
_Love Of Hopeless Causes_.)They would be my first
choice for non-Oils favourites, along with Robben Ford
and Michael Hedges for guitar, electric and acoustic
respectively. Favourite female singer cd would have to
be Joni Mitchell's _Hejira_. Have to respond to your
other categories as time permits.

thanks eh!

bruce in calgary

"words that used to be scrawled on the wall are
written in the heart."