Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What's wrong with you people?

Kiri W screaminblue88@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 02:49:13 +0000

Hi All,

No Steve, you aren't the only one that loves all their albums.

I too like/love em all. I think listening to each album on it's merit is
worthwhile rather than comparing them to newer or older ones. I personally
like the fact that they don't follow a formula and many albums are so
completely different from one another. I like to listen to a new album with
no preconceived ideas of what it "should" sound like, or will sound like.

Maybe some list members came on board later in the Oil's career. Maybe some
weren't even around in the late 70's. I have been listening to them from the
start, and got each album as it came out. I love the head banging sound of
those early albums. It would be a little strange to listen to the Blue album
if you were first introduced to the band with Earth and Sun and thought that
was "their sound". And as for the Breathe bashing - I really love this
album, puts me in a very mellow mood, not something too many "rock" bands
can do.

I have tons of other music, from the 70's to now. The Oil's are on my stereo
95% of the time, because each album IS different.

Cheers,
KW