Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Robs Birthday

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:08:46 -0400

Hi guys, I've been in NYC all week so am catching up on posts.  So it's
Rob's birthday.  Maybe we could pool our money and send him another
couple dozen "wifebeaters"....- Beth

For those outside the US, a "wifebeater" is one of those sleeveless
undershirts, so-called because they are the favorite fashion statement
of backwards potbellied hicks of the type likely to slap their wives
around once in a while.  In fact they actually make ones that come with
the word "Wifebeater" printed across them.  I have a sister who lives
back in the sticks in Ohio Appalachia so I see all too many of them.
Her son got married a couple weeks ago and so help me, of the 100 or so
people at the wedding, at least 5 of the men were wearing wifebeaters.

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Kate Adams
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 4:19 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Robs Birthday

Wow.  Rob's Birthday.  From the looks of the guy I saw earlier this year
strongly suspect he hasn't had one in quite some time. ;-)

Well then.  I guess I'll just have to drink a beer tonight in his honor.

Cheers,
Kate

At 09:00 AM 9/3/02 +1000, Jane R wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>Things have certainly been a bit full on over the past few weeks!
Thought
>it might be time to lighten the mood. Its Robs birthday today, so happy

>birthday Rob!!!
>
>Jane

*********
Kate Adams
Graduate Student
Department of Work Environment
UMass Lowell
*********
Global Free Trade: All the economic benefits of colonialism, without all
those nasty responsibilities.