Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Luritja Way - further deconstructions of...

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:47:11 -0400 (EDT)

--0-1242049512-1031165231=:58399

To Them That Have Ears...

     Hey all. There's this troublesome little rumble in the background of Luritja Way. I've wondered if it was something Bones is running through - kind of a wah-ish drone in the bass line, most noticable during the turnaround bits between verses. Then it struck me "could it be a Didgideroo?" I'd barely know a didgideroo if it slithered up and bit me on the keyster, but I'm pretty sure there was nothing like that going on when they played the tune live. In fact, the bass seemed pretty straightforward. Yet listening again, there it is... doth mine ears deceive?

Wah?

bruce in calgary

"Words that used to be scrawled on the wall

 are written on the heart."

--0-1242049512-1031165231=:58399

<P>To Them That Have Ears...</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hey all. There's this&nbsp;troublesome little rumble in the background of Luritja Way. I've wondered if it was something Bones is running through - kind of a wah-ish drone in the bass line, most noticable during the turnaround bits between verses. Then it struck me "could it be a Didgideroo?" I'd barely know a didgideroo if it slithered up and bit me on the keyster, but I'm pretty sure there was nothing like that going on when they played the tune live. In fact, the bass seemed pretty straightforward.&nbsp;Yet listening again, there it is... doth mine ears deceive?</P>
<P>Wah?</P>
<P>bruce in calgary</P>
<P>"Words that used to be scrawled on the wall</P>
--0-1242049512-1031165231=:58399--