Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (no subject)

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:18:17 +0800

At 30-10-02 09:45 AM +1100, LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au wrote:
>To any technically minded people,
>I have encountered a problem when trying to copy my Capitol Theatre VDC,
>it has been transferred to the hard drive however it will not copy on the
>CDRW?
>Has anyone got any ideas as to why?

You can't copy a VCD by copying the files to the hard drive, then burning
to a new disc.  You have to copy direct from one disc to the other.  There
is something in the formatting of the disc that identifies it as a VCD, and
if you burn from the hard drive that bit doesn't happen (unless you're
using special VCD burning programs) and you just get a normal data CD.

but if you make a direct copy, the VCD formatting bit gets copied too!

of course, if you've only got one CD drive to copy from and burn to, you're
in trouble!

jeff...