Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] my "Oils music at a wedding" story!

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:39:46 +1100 (EST)

--0-2080282544-1035851986=:82336

Nina,
I turned my husband into Oils fan allright!  And I surely know, that Rob is his favourite drummer.  Now when I play other CDs than Oils, his comments are "the dums are not right, it's not Rob!".  Now, he goes around drumming on everything (with 2 Rob's drumsticks I scored) and I think I now have a monster at home.  I wish I could turn my office into Oils though, because them earphones sure hurt my ears.
Lina
 ninas <ninajill73@hotmail.com> wrote:you're lucky to have spouses that would agree to play oils at your wedding!
my husband isn't an oils fan, so i didn't even try to go down that road! he
would have just laughed and shook his head - i suppose i'd do the same
thing if he wanted jane's addiction played at the wedding! - we compromised
by having 'the descendants' as background music in one part of wedding
video.

(not to mention, i think our motown-sounding band would have destroyed any
oils music!)

nina

on 10/28/02 5:47 PM, LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au at LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au wrote:

> My Fiancee and i are getting married in Feb and i definately want to have WCI
> played at some stage, though we're trying to workout the best time!
>
> IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
> CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
> Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
> PH: (02) 9805 2384
> FAX: 1800 352227
> E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au
>

> Mike Blackwood
> To: Powderworks list
> Sent by:

> powderworks-admin@cs.co cc:
> lorado.edu Subject: [Powderworks] my "Oils music at a
> wedding" story!
>
> 29/10/2002 02:16 AM
>

> On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Matt Noakes wrote:
>
>> what an awesome gig!!!!! pete stood up and said that tonight theyd play
>> anything we wanted them too to be different instead of the normal setlist!!
>> we got songs like wedding cake island
>
> Wow... they played WCI live? I'd love to have heard that. Anyway, about
> 12 hours after they played it, here on the other side of the world from Oz
> (St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada) I was dancing to the studio version
> with my wife at our best friends' wedding!
>
> When we got married 2 years ago, my wife and I went with a much smaller
> wedding than we'd imagined years before, so our plan to have a dance at
> the reception with WCI as the 1st song got scrapped. So the night before
> our friends' wedding, I was at the groom's place and we made a cd-r of
> tracks for the DJ; 2 ballroom dance songs for the new couple, and WCI as
> a suprise for my wife! About 30 minutes into the dance, I told the DJ to
> play WCI as the next slow song... within minutes the my wife's eyes went
> wide and her jaw dropped as WCI began and I dragged her out onto the
> dance floor. Only one other couple recognized the brilliance of the music
> (they danced ballroom-style to it, WCI is apparently a Rhumba of sorts)
> and joined us, so it was almost like having that long-imagined first
> dance we never had at our own wedding.
>
> Unfortunately, my request of Beds are Burning much later in the evening
> also succeded in clearing the dance floor, with only my wife and I, two
> friends from high school and a few other couples braving the good music!
> It was a blast to dance to it agian after almost a decade... (the last
> time was back in high school)
>
> Sorry for the LMOC,
>
> Mike "Elixir" Blackwood

Yahoo! Careers- 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!
--0-2080282544-1035851986=:82336

<P>Nina,
<P>I turned my husband into Oils fan allright!&nbsp; And I surely know, that Rob is his favourite drummer.&nbsp; Now when I play other CDs than Oils, his comments are "the dums are not right, it's not Rob!".&nbsp; Now, he goes around drumming on everything (with 2 Rob's drumsticks I scored) and I think I now have a monster at home.&nbsp; I wish I could turn my office into Oils though, because them earphones sure hurt my ears.
<P>Lina
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">you're lucky to have spouses that would agree to play oils at your wedding!<BR>my husband isn't an oils fan, so i didn't even try to go down that road! he<BR>would have just laughed and shook his head - i suppose i'd do the same<BR>thing if he wanted jane's addiction played at the wedding! - we compromised<BR>by having 'the descendants' as background music in one part of wedding<BR>video.<BR><BR>(not to mention, i think our motown-sounding band would have destroyed any<BR>oils music!)<BR><BR>nina<BR><BR><BR><BR>on 10/28/02 5:47 PM, LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au at LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; My Fiancee and i are getting married in Feb and i definately want to have WCI<BR>&gt; played at some stage, though we're trying to workout the best time!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader<BR>&gt; CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group<BR>&gt; Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113<BR>&gt; PH: (02) 9805 2384<BR>&gt; FAX: 1800 352227<BR>&gt; E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Mike Blackwood <BR>&gt; <MIKEB@CS.MUN.CA>To: Powderworks list<BR>&gt; Sent by: <POWDERWORKS@CS.COLORADO.EDU><BR>&gt; powderworks-admin@cs.co cc:<BR>&gt; lorado.edu Subject: [Powderworks] my "Oils music at a<BR>&gt; wedding" story! <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 29/10/2002 02:16 AM<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Matt Noakes wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; what an awesome gig!!!!! pete stood up and said that tonight theyd play<BR>&gt;&gt; anything we wanted them too to be different instead of the normal setlist!!<BR>&gt;&gt; we got songs like wedding cake island <SNIP><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Wow... they played WCI live? I'd love to have heard that. Anyway, about<BR>&gt; 12 hours after they played it, here on the other side of the world from Oz<BR>&gt; (St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada) I was dancing to the studio version<BR>&gt; with my wife at our best frien