Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Scandinavia....please??

Synne Hansen synne.hansen@hfstud.uio.no
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:59:11 +0200

Totally... Just bought my ticket for Oz, open return comes to a
blood-dripping 8690,- NOK - horrible! And so a trip to London, Berlin or
Paris, while otherwise both welcome and joy-inspiring, is simply out of the
question.. Now, Sweden on the other hand.. or Denmark..
Besides... going through my stuff last night, getting rid of rubbish before
my move (Q: How much junk, garbage and useless thingies can a 24-year-old
collect and cherish? A: Way way too much - about four large black bags for
my loud garbage-men and another two for the Salvation Army), I found an
article from way back in 1997, where Peter Garrett says "We'll be coming to
Norway next year!" Well.. according to the journalist anyway. Being one
myself, I must admit we sometimes stretch the truth a bit, but... Come on!
Scandinavia is a nice place. We don't fight much, we smile despite the snow
and our six month winter. And although a large number of people actually
like the music they play on the radio, we're not totally backwards or
simple.. So.. please?
Synne