Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] why weeds?

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:28:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

a couple of weeks ago someone posted a question/complaint about how
everyone is offering stuff as a weed and not as a tree. as someone
who offered quite a few of these weeds I would like to take the
opportunity and explain why.

simply put (and I think this was said by Oils Trees) they are much
easier than trees. no admin is required - I simply pick the 1st X
respondents, burn copies and post them. I have run trees before and
they are a pest (to me at least). my main goal was to get the shows
out asap and let the power of numbers spread it. the recent trees I
have seen on the list have been announced over a month ago and are
still not active.

I don't want to open up a debate here about weeds vs. trees. they
are both great and each have their own pros and cons. whoever posted
the initial question (you know who you are) - I have an offer. send
me your email address and I will keep it on file. the next time I
have something to offer I will send you a seed copy and you can get
a tree going while I weed it. this way we will have the "best of
both worlds". I simply do not have the time or the will to run
trees.

=====
Miron

What happened to this song we once knew so well
Signed promise for moments caught within the spell
I must have waited all my life for this
Moment moment (Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans)