Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Sell-outs

rick rickysan@speedlink.com.au
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:43:34 +1000

           I personally would be horrified if i heard "the power and the
passion" on a mitsibishi commercial.

           I still think i would consider them my favourite band because i
like their music so much but i think i would lose a bit of my passion.

            They are the only band i would travel interstate for and while
that is partly because of the music it is also because i RESPECT them so
much.

            I couldn't help but lose some repsect for them if they used
their music to flog something for money.

           Unfairly, i have a double standard when it comes to the Oils.I
didn't lose any affection for Ganggajang when i heard "sounds of then"on a
coke commercial and would probably feel that way with most other bands i
like.

                 Except the Oils.

           For this band it is more than just the music to me.

                But hey,to each their own.

                       Rick