Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Sell-outs

Phil L. fil@innaloo.net
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:18:34 +0800

--------------030505090809020709020500

Brian Jacobs wrote:

>>Personally, any band that performs at a sporting event without making a
>>political statement is a SELLOUT.
>>

>Okay, I don't get people who insult artists by calling them sellouts.  We're supposed to automatically dislike any artist who is lucky enough to be very successful (read make lots of money) doing what they love doing more than anything else?  We should all be so lucky.
>
>BJ

I wish I could remember who was quoted as saying that these ideals of
not selling out are all well and good... but if they don't feed your
family.....

--
Phil L.
0403 05 2070

"My friends always said I had an incredibly long tongue - I
could make lots of money with it one day," said Annika

http://members.iinet.net.au/~hibeach

--------------030505090809020709020500

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Brian Jacobs wrote:<br>
    <pre wrap=""></pre>
  <pre wrap="">
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Personally, any band that performs at a sporting event without making a
political statement is a SELLOUT.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

Okay, I don't get people who insult artists by calling them sellouts.  We're supposed to automatically dislike any artist who is lucky enough to be very successful (read make lots of money) doing what they love doing more than anything else?  We should all be so lucky.

BJ
  </pre>
I wish I could remember who was quoted as saying that these ideals of not
selling out are all well and good... but if they don't feed your family.....<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://members.iinet.net.au/~hibeach">http://members.iinet.net.au/~hibeach</a></pre>

--------------030505090809020709020500--