Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] twin towns night 2, final gig of tour

Jeff & Louise jefflou@bigpond.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:56:44 +1100

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C294DE.4E9DA500

Messagegood memory Andrew. You're exactly right. It sounded like they =
were going to have a bit of a break after the breaking of the dry gigs.

Garrett sang during Hercules:
' My life is a valuable thing
Some things don't fade away
I don't mind
My life is a valuable thing
I like what I'm doing
I won't retire'

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Andrew Lane=20
  To: 'mpien' ; powderworks@cs.colorado.edu=20
  Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 6:54 PM
  Subject: RE: [Powderworks] twin towns night 2, final gig of tour

  pete said something (which i cant remember anymore!) at the breaking =
of the dry gig in melbourne many years ago at the music bowl, words were =
to the effect which sounded like they were breaking up, but i agree, =
they just dont seem to want to retire, and nor should they!  i've heard =
him say similar things at the end of other tours as well, yet they =
always come back for more!  not sure if anyone noticed, but in the =
latest qantas inflight magazine, there is a short article about the =
backsliders and their new recording, it refers to rob hirst as the =
ex-drummer from midnight oil!!!!
  =20
  im convinced they are not going away for a long time yet!