Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rumours (was MMM)

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:04:25 -0500 (EST)

--0-1139351159-1037646265=:14366

Greetings Workers of the World,
Weird that this should come up. I've had a feeling while reading the posts about this Oz tour that it might be the last. People have described this round as the best form the band's been in for ages, with the Oils pulling out all the stops in terms of intensity, catalogue, etc. - what a tragic (but wholly deserved and somehow fitting) way to end 25 years of the road, if it turns out to be so. I'm not talking about the personality differences, just the possibility that the tour may be the last.  And being 44 myself, I can only imagine the physical toll all that rocking must take, to say nothing of family life, etc. on these hard working heroes. Still, I hope I'm wrong though, as I'd love to see them play NorAm at least one more time.
cheers,
bruce in calgary
 Frosty <chris_frost@optushome.com.au> wrote:Hi All,

Just thought I'd mention an interesting rumour heard on Sydney's Triple M
"Rumour Mill" today. Basically people ring up with their rumours and if it
comes true they can win $1000.

This morning someone mentioned that Friday nights Manly show was sold out in
advance because word had got out that two of the Oils had "irreconcilable
differences" and this could be the last tour.

Way too early to panic, and I can't see any of the boys having such problems
after all these years, but bring on the conspiracy theories!

Frosty