Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the aftermath continues

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:11:45 EST

--part1_a2.2ee462cc.2b0033a1_boundary

In a message dated 11/9/2002 8:38:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ghostie@snail-mail.net writes:

> >>Its the democrats that believe in Murdering defenseless babies
> (they call it pro-choice).
>
> Yeah, and the conservatives believe that they should decide what a
> women should do with her body, because they must have some sort of
> moral ground on her, without knowing anything about WHY she would
> make this choice... And even better, let's force abortion underground
> so that it's nice and dangerous...that ought to discourage these
> murderers. I'm not so keen on abortion, but I do think it should be
> the individual's choice, not the state's...
>

> >>Its the democrats that believe in giving
> murderess criminals a chance (they call it REHABILITATION which has
> been
> proven not to work) to get out of jail only to go out and murder and
> rape
> many more defenseless citizens.
>
> Jail doesn't work too well either, for the record. Further, NOT
> everyone in jail is a murderous criminal... many of them are people
> who screwed up, made mistakes, messed up their lives, some of them
> are in a sense victims of social problems and inequalities. Do you
> think it's a coincidence that there is such a high proportion of
> Blacks in jail, or that they are inherently more criminal? No one
> does - almost, anyway. Crime occurs partly as a result of larger
> socio-economic circumstances. Many criminals do need some sort
> of "rehabilitation" - to get back on the right track. Prisons don't
> do that. Yes - reform is needed, let's start by thinking about
> prisoners as people, not simply bloodless criminals....(I do believe
> that the majority aren't.)

Food for thought:

"Ever notice how people who are against abortion are usually for the death
penalty,
while those who are against the death penalty are usually pro-abortion."

Go figure.

--part1_a2.2ee462cc.2b0033a1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 11/9/2002 8:38:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, ghostie@snail-mail.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt;&gt;Its the democrats that believe in Murdering defenseless babies <BR>
(they call it pro-choice).&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Yeah, and the conservatives believe that they should decide what a <BR>
women should do with her body, because they must have some sort of <BR>
moral ground on her, without knowing anything about WHY she would <BR>
make this choice... And even better, let's force abortion underground <BR>
so that it's nice and dangerous...that ought to discourage these <BR>
murderers. I'm not so keen on abortion, but I do think it should be <BR>
the individual's choice, not the state's...<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&gt;&gt;Its the democrats that believe in giving <BR>
murderess criminals a chance (they call it REHABILITATION which has <BR>
been <BR>
proven not to work) to get out of jail only to go out and murder and <BR>
rape <BR>
many more defenseless citizens.<BR>
<BR>
Jail doesn't work too well either, for the record. Further, NOT <BR>
everyone in jail is a murderous criminal... many of them are people <BR>
who screwed up, made mistakes, messed up their lives, some of them <BR>
are in a sense victims of social problems and inequalities. Do you <BR>
think it's a coincidence that there is such a high proportion of <BR>
Blacks in jail, or that they are inherently more criminal? No one <BR>
does - almost, anyway. Crime occurs partly as a result of larger <BR>
socio-economic circumstances. Many criminals do need some sort <BR>
of "rehabilitation" - to get back on the right track. Prisons don't <BR>
do that. Yes - reform is needed, let's start by thinking about <BR>
prisoners as people, not simply bloodless criminals....(I do believe <BR>
that the majority aren't.)<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Food for thought:<BR>
<BR>
"Ever notice how people who are against abortion are usually for the death penalty,<BR>
while those who are against the death penalty are usually pro-abortion."<BR>
<BR>
Go figure.<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_a2.2ee462cc.2b0033a1_boundary--