Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] New weed offer: Seattle 90, Portland 93

Andy Gillcrist andrewg@nwlink.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:39:19 -0800

Hey all!

I've recently been sent copies of a couple shows that I
haven't seen around much, and they're pretty good, so
I'd like to weed them out for others' enjoyment.  They
were transferred off cassette at my request, which may
explain why they aren't in wide circulation.  Here are
the details:

======================================
Seattle Center Arena, Seattle, WA, USA, 25 Jun 90

Source:   Audience
Quality:  B+ (lacks bottom end)

Notes:  There appear to have been some tape tracking
problems in the first few seconds of this show, either in
the recording or later duplication.  Also, it's either mono
or the narrowest stereo I've ever heard.  But the sound
is clear, well-defined, and quite listenable.  Besides, I
was at this show.

King of the Mountain / Dreamworld / Stars of Warburton
Put Down That Weapon / Blue Sky Mine / Bullroarer
Sell My Soul / Kosciusko / Only the Strong
River Runs Red / Warakurna / Best of Both Worlds
One Country / The Dead Heart / Beds Are Burning
Sometimes / Bedlam Bridge / Forgotten Years
Power and the Passion
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding?

======================================
Arlene Schnitzer Hall, Portland, OR, USA, 24 Sep 93

Source:   Audience
Quality:  A- (well-balanced, slightly boomy)

Notes:  Bushfire!

Feeding Frenzy / Dreamworld / Renaissance Man
Blue Sky Mine / Bullroarer / Only the Strong
Outbreak of Love / King of the Mountain / Truganini
My Country / Now or Never Land / The Dead Heart
Forgotten Years / Beds Are Burning / Bushfire
Hercules

======================================

So I'll make two copies for US workers who will continue
the weed, one for an Aussie worker who will continue the
weed, and one for some fortunate soul chosen at random.

Send me your mailing address and please indicate whether
or not you're able to re-weed.

Thanks, and let the email flood begin!  I'll choose the lucky
winners in a few days.

	Andy Gillcrist
	Seattle, USA

PS:  Thanks to Oilman for the transfers.