Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Reasons and reactions

James Warren jimcwarren@earthlink.net
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 19:35:31 -0800

I think this discussion of reasons for the cancellation, and what
explanation the band owes the fans is wasted effort right now.  Clearly,
they cannot do the tour for some reason.  There is nothing that any of
us fans can do about that.

There is no reason to doubt their desire to connect with all of their
fans (and I am not suggesting that anybody has doubted that; I am just
making an argument here.)  Not after all these years of shows, including
the number of us that have had chances to talk with the bandmembers.

So I think we should assume that no ill will was intended toward the
fans.

So given that they are not coming, and that people are being refunded,
there is nothing more to be done.  The band members are not our personal
friends, so they really don't owe us anything more than our money back.

We'd like an explanation, but we are not entitled to it.