Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rob's Drumming

[name removed] example@example.com
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:54:44 +1100

  Yes that's right get me fired up, start dissing Rob!
  I'm am not a drummer but i am fucking sick of little try hard pricks
having a go
  at Mr. Hirst. Yes Rob has a lot of followers out there and yes he almost
always
  polls best drummer in readers polls. Because of this you will always meet
some
  wanker Jazz drummer who needs to take Rob down with technical bull shit!
  because nobody likes his (Jazz guy's) boring textbook bashing and he is
bitter
  that Rob has followers!. What can i say about Rob? he probably could not
care
  less, his main passion is songwriting and drums are just part of the make
up
  of presenting a tune as a whole. Rob doesn't even keep drums at home to
  practice!
  just guitars to write those wonderful melody soaked songs.Though as a
drummer
  and a person overall in everything he does he gives 1,000%, it's all about
the
  energy and making every performance stand out not about technical
masturbation.
  It just so happens that he has great musical chops on the drums too!.

                                 My 2 cents,
                                             Damien.

  P.s. Redneck is the most amazing hard at the ball album, name another band
  25 years old who could sound so fresh.