Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Big Hand for the Oils?

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 12:49:40 -0700 (PDT)

Clan Powder,

     This may be a dumb question, but that's never
stopped me before:

Is there any intended significance to the MO hand Logo?

     I was tossing a football around at recess today,
and noticed the hand imprint encircled with the words
"NO CHILD LABOR" stamped on the composite leather skin.
Of course, we immediately thought of the Oils - could
there be a connection? I always thought it was taken
from the photo of Peter with arm extended on the first
album, and imagined some kind of connection to
Aboriginal art. Aside from these guesses, I'm in the
dark. Pray do enlighten. Thanks.

bruce

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.