Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Amazing NY Show!

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com GrnVillageGirl@aol.com
Sun, 26 May 2002 23:45:27 EDT

--part1_b7.21193935.2a2305d7_boundary

Kate, the pleasure was entirely mine, and I'm glad to hear that you had such
a good time afterwards.
I'm rarely down front for one of their shows, and I really thought that the
guys wouldn't see me bouncing around like a total idiot, what with the lights
in their eyes and stuff, but I was indeed spotted, and haven't heard the end
of the teasing yet.
Am exhausted from trying to keep up with those boys. We were out till 4 AM
yesterday/this morning; their body clocks must have all gone haywire by now.
By the time they get to Europe...they'll probably think they're still in
Canada.
Bob Weir fans in Philly got an unexpected treat (from our POV, anyway) when
PG got up onstage there last night; he was back in NYC ASAP, as relaxed as if
he'd spent the day in bed. Folks, you haven't lived until you've seen Garrett
skateboarding down Avenue A at 1 in the morning, while not a single New
Yorker batted an eye.
We went over to Bowlmor Lanes on University Place, and not only did they rip
us off for drinks, but they actually thought they could charge $1200 (that's
right, even though I'm tired, I did not put in any extra zeroes) to rent out
some lanes. I mean, who did they think they were dealing with -- The Rolling
Stones?!
So, the hell with that. All of us (band and pals) trooped down to a pool hall
on Houston Street, having lost Martin somewhere along the way, and the guys
had a good time shooting tables, all except Jim and myself. We preferred to
try to stump each other with Beatles trivia (I got him on the name of
Lennon's uncle, Aunt Mimi's husband. Ha!).
Jim and a mutual friend and I hooked up again today, all of us bleary-eyed,
but having a good time anyway. I turned him onto the Strand bookstore, where
he thought he'd died and gone to heaven, and then he tore a pretty good strip
through the Virgin Megastore. He was mock-furious because I kept finding
things that he decided he HAD to buy, including the DVD of Dylan's "Don't
Look Back" and the special-edition DVD of "Almost Famous." He also got a Link
Wray best-of CD.
What a great Memorial Day weekend. PG hinted that they might even be back
playing here before the "Capricornia" slog is all over and done with, which
made me v.v. happy indeed.
Paris and London, look out -- you're in for it now!

--part1_b7.21193935.2a2305d7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Kate, the pleasure was entirely mine, and I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time afterwards. <BR>
I'm rarely down front for one of their shows, and I really thought that the guys wouldn't see me bouncing around like a total idiot, what with the lights in their eyes and stuff, but I was indeed spotted, and haven't heard the end of the teasing yet.<BR>
Am exhausted from trying to keep up with those boys. We were out till 4 AM yesterday/this morning; their body clocks must have all gone haywire by now. By the time they get to Europe...they'll probably think they're still in Canada.<BR>
Bob Weir fans in Philly got an unexpected treat (from our POV, anyway) when PG got up onstage there last night; he was back in NYC ASAP, as relaxed as if he'd spent the day in bed. Folks, you haven't lived until you've seen Garrett skateboarding down Avenue A at 1 in the morning, while not a single New Yorker batted an eye.<BR>
We went over to Bowlmor Lanes on University Place, and not only did they rip us off for drinks, but they actually thought they could charge $1200 (that's right, even though I'm tired, I did not put in any extra zeroes) to rent out some lanes. I mean, who did they think they were dealing with -- The Rolling Stones?!<BR>
So, the hell with that. All of us (band and pals) trooped down to a pool hall on Houston Street, having lost Martin somewhere along the way, and the guys had a good time shooting tables, all except Jim and myself. We preferred to try to stump each other with Beatles trivia (I got him on the name of Lennon's uncle, Aunt Mimi's husband. Ha!).<BR>
Jim and a mutual friend and I hooked up again today, all of us bleary-eyed, but having a good time anyway. I turned him onto the Strand bookstore, where he thought he'd died and gone to heaven, and then he tore a pretty good strip through the Virgin Megastore. He was mock-furious because I kept finding things that he decided he HAD to buy, including the DVD of Dylan's "Don't Look Back" and the special-edition DVD of "Almost Famous." He also got a Link Wray best-of CD.<BR>
What a great Memorial Day weekend. PG hinted that they might even be back playing here before the "Capricornia" slog is all over and done with, which made me v.v. happy indeed. <BR>
Paris and London, look out -- you're in for it now!<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_b7.21193935.2a2305d7_boundary--