Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] Rob and the Ghostwriters

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Sun, 26 May 2002 14:49:47 -0400

At 07:57 PM 5/26/02 +0200, Bjorn Blomquist wrote:
>Then we had two Hirst songs on 'E&S&M', one on 'The Real Thing', but none
>on 'Breathe', 'Redneck Wonderland' and 'Capricornia'. Probably it's
>because he used his songs for the Ghostwriters albums 'Second Skin' and
>'Fibromoon' instead, but question is why?
>Not much to criticize about Jim's efforts on 'Capricornia' though.
>
>/Bjorn

I have read interviews with Rob where he has drawn the line between a
Ghosties song and a Midnight Oil song, insofar as that is possible.  "Last
of the Diggers" was a Ghosties song that slid over into the Oils
repertoire.  Generally, however, the much more personal material stays
firmly on the Ghostwriters side of things.